Vintage Star Darning Machine
An extremely rare Star Darning Machine from the 1910s/20s, carefully sourced by us from a vintage market, especially for those of you who love to try out niche darning tools or own a piece of darning history.
This is the second of it's kind I've ever found and to be honest the other one, that will forever live in my darning tool collection, was actually gifted to me by a kind soul on Instagram so I can't really claim to have 'found' that one.
It works in a similar way to the Speedweve darning loom - helping you to weave over and under threads quicker and easier. The tilting comb holds down alternate warp threads, so you can weave over one thread and under the next in seconds.
If you want to see it in action, check out this Instagram Reel I posted back in March - click here! I was super impressed with the results, but I would say it's more for advanced menders than beginners, because it is a little tricker to use than a Speedweve.
Use this special little tool to fix up moth holes, repair threadbare areas or disguise a stain with a beautiful surface darn. It creates a closely woven 'patch' making it perfect for darning cotton, linen, denim or light weight knitwear using fine thread e.g. Sashiko or similar.
You will receive:
- 1 x Vintage Star Darning Machine*
- 1 x Original Instruction Sheet*
- 1 x Original Card Storage Box*
*Please take a look at photos for the condition of all the above mentioned items.
Overall the machine is in very good condition for it's age with no obvious signs of rust.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A few important points....
- Each and every vintage tool we sell is a little different as they have all had a past life! Please take a look at the photos that form part of this listing for the condition of the tool and any extras e.g. box and original instruction sheet.
- Tools may have spots of rust and slight damage from previous use over the years, however please rest assured that we always take apart, clean up, reassemble and test each one before they are listed for sale. Any damage is cosmetic only.