Sewing & Embroidery Needle Set - PARIS
This set of 40 high-quality sewing needles are beautifully presented in a plastic-free card sleeve.
Made in France in the historic BOHIN factory in Normandy - this would make the most gorgeous gift for anyone who loves to sew!
The assortment of needles was based on the award-winning assortment from the Exposition Universelle of 1900, in Paris and consists of:
- 10 x sharps needles in sizes No. 3, 5, 7, 9, & 11 (2 of each size)
- 8 x milliners needles in sizes No. 3, 5, 7, & 9 (2 of each size)
- 8 x short darning needles in sizes No. 3, 5, 7, & 9 (2 of each size)
- 4 x embroidery/crewel needles in sizes No. 7 & 9 (2 of each size)
- 4 x embroidery/crewel needles in size No. 10
- 6 x tapestry needles in sizes No. 22, 24, & 26 (2 of each size)
A larger number = finer, shorter needles. A smaller number = a thicker, longer needle.
Min needle length: 3.2cm & max needle length: 5.5cm.
- darning, patching, applique and embroidery.
- mending a variety of fabric types from light to heavy weight.
- hand sewing with up to 6 strands of embroidery floss or fine yarn (dependent on needle type & size).
Bohin needles have an exceptional polish for smooth glide through fabric and a fine point to minimize holes.
The eye is polished with a unique process to minimize breaking thread.
The needles have maximum strength with minimum bending.
Please visit our needle guide if you need a little more information about different types of needles - click here!
Brand Story - Bohin
BOHIN have been manufacturing high quality needles at their factory in Normandy, France since 1860. They now remain the only French manufacturer of needles and other sewing tools. The company currently employs 36 people who manufacture and distribute nearly 2,300 products including their world famous sewing needles, craft needles, pins with Murano glass heads, and bracelet pin cushions. They are committed to reducing their waste and environmental impact.