Darning Needles - Sizes No. 1-11
A perfect assortment of darning needles which would be useful for many mending projects.
Made in Normandy, France in the historic BOHIN factory using nickel plated steel.
These needles have an elongated eye for repairing with thicker thread and a semi blunt point to avoid snags when weaving through fabric.
This pack includes:
- 2 x darning needle No. 1
- 2 x darning needles No. 3
- 2 x darning needles No. 5
- 2 x darning needles No. 7
- 2 x darning needles No. 9
- 2 x darning needles No. 11
A larger number = a finer, shorter needle. A smaller number = a thicker, longer needle.
Min needle length: 3.2cm & max length: 5.5cm.
- darning, patching or Speedweve darning
- mending light-heavy weight fabrics e.g. cotton dress, linen top, sweater/hoodie, corduroy trousers, denim/jeans or a blanket.
- hand sewing with up to 6 strands of embroidery floss or similar (dependent on needle size).
Bohin needles have an exceptional polish for smooth glide through fabric and a fine point to minimize holes.
The eye is polished with a unique process to minimize breaking thread.
The needles have maximum strength with minimum bending.
Please visit our needle guide if you need a little more information about different types of needles - click here!
Brand Story - Bohin
BOHIN have been manufacturing high quality needles at their factory in Normandy, France since 1860. They now remain the only French manufacturer of needles and other sewing tools. The company currently employs 36 people who manufacture and distribute nearly 2,300 products including their world famous sewing needles, craft needles, pins with Murano glass heads, and bracelet pin cushions. They are committed to reducing their waste and environmental impact.