Darning Needles - Sizes No. 1-5
An assortment of 10 cotton darning needles packaged in a Bohin 1950's style card booklet.
Made in Normandy, France in the historic BOHIN factory using nickel plated steel.
These needles have an elongated eye for repairing with thicker thread and a semi blunt point to avoid snags when weaving through fabric.
This pack includes:
- 2 x darning needles No. 1
- 4 x darning needles No. 3
- 4 x darning needles No. 5
Min needle length: 5cm & max length: 5.5cm.
A larger number = a finer, shorter needle. A smaller number = a thicker, longer needle.
- darning, patching or Speedweve darning
- mending medium-heavy weight fabrics e.g. sweater/hoodie, corduroy trousers, denim/jeans, wool coat, or a blanket.
- hand sewing with up to 6 strands of embroidery floss or Sashiko thread (dependent on needle size).
Bohin needles have an exceptional polish for smooth glide through fabric and a fine point to minimize holes.
The eye is polished with a unique process to minimize breaking thread.
The needles have maximum strength with minimum bending.
Please visit our needle guide if you need a little more information about different types of needles - click here!
Brand Story - Bohin
BOHIN have been manufacturing high quality needles at their factory in Normandy, France since 1860. They now remain the only French manufacturer of needles and other sewing tools. The company currently employs 36 people who manufacture and distribute nearly 2,300 products including their world famous sewing needles, craft needles, pins with Murano glass heads, and bracelet pin cushions. They are committed to reducing their waste and environmental impact.