Cornish Beeswax Thread Conditioner
Beeswax is perfect for strengthening, protecting, and straightening your thread/ yarn when hand sewing or darning.
- Lubricates thread/yarn to help prevent knots and tangles.
- Allows thread/yarn to glide through fabrics more easily and prevent thread from shedding.
- Less likely to knot and tangle.
- Will straighten kinks in rescued or vintage thread/yarn.
- Use it to combine individual strands/plies together to create thicker yarn/thread
- It can even be used to lubricate zips too!
This mini block of pure beeswax weighs approximately 8 grams and is self contained in a little cardboard pot with lid, keeping the wax free of dust and dirt.
Each one is made with love and care by us here at MM HQ using locally-sourced Cornish beeswax.
100% natural - a great alternative to commericial thread conditioners.
Simply run the thread or yarn between your thumb and the wax and with your other hand pull on the thread/yarn allowing it to glide along the beeswax. Repeat 2 or 3 times.
Due to the nature of pure beeswax, it may become very hard if it is too cold. Before use warm the wax a little by opening the lid and placing the pot wax side down in the palm of your hand or in a sunny window for just a few minutes to slightly raise the temperature and make it more pliable.